Food Sensations® for Schools is a practical nutrition education program which has been developed for Foodbank WA’s school and community networks. Food Sensations® aims to improve knowledge, attitudes and skills around healthy eating and cooking – for healthier bodies, minds and futures.
All registered School Breakfast Program schools are eligible to receive FREE Food Sensations® school sessions.
Food Sensations® in Schools :
- Uses interactive activities to teach basic nutrition principles, such as the ‘Australia Guide to Healthy Eating Race’, ‘Takeaway vs Homemade’, ‘Joe’s Food Choice’, ‘Sugar in Drinks’.
- Offers sessions for both primary and high schools with session content tailored to suit the needs of the group
- Utilises pictorial resources that can be used by a variety of groups in the WA community.
- Includes a hands-on cooking workshop
- Foodbank provides all ingredients and equipment for sessions
- Sessions facilitated by tertiary qualified nutritionists and dietitians
For an overview of Food Sensations® in Schools click here.
For bookings and more information about Food Sensations® for Adults click here
For more healthy eating advice, visit the Eat For Health website http://eatforhealth.gov.au/